This week, Green Man Gaming Publishing and developer Donkey Crew in conjunction with Northern Ireland Screen, have announced that their new medieval multiplayer action strategy game, Of Kings And Men, is coming to Early Access in August 2016.
Of Kings And Men is developed by Donkey Crew, the team behind the popular “cRPG” modification for the medieval action role-playing game, Mount & Blade: Warband. The developers are now based in Northern Ireland after initially working on the game from different locations around the world. Today, Of Kings And Men is a project funded by Northern Ireland Screen the government-backed lead agency supporting film, television and digital projects.
Of Kings And Men allows you to experience huge, player-driven battles like no other. Engage in massive combat with more than 200 players, capture territories, or practice your fighting skills in competitive matches with intuitive melee combat.
Throughout Early Access, Of Kings And Men will introduce strategic elements, allowing players to conquer and control the land by political, economic or military means. Send armies to protect your cities and invade enemy territories. Lead your troops into decisive orchestrated sieges against player-built fortifications that are fought with hundreds of friends and foes simultaneously. Every victory or defeat shapes history forever.
Key Features in the Early Access launch:
- Battles. Over 200 players can battle it out in large, skirmish regions
- Factions. Team up and wage war against enemy kingdoms
- Skills. Train your character and practice your personal skills
- Progression. Unlock Swords, Polearms, Spears, Bows, Crossbows, and other authentic 13th Century weapons and armors to customize your look and play style
- Dynamic Combat. Fight with a fast-paced and intuitive combat system, based on the experience of Historical European Martial Arts (HEMA) fighters and medieval manuscripts
- Proprietary Engine. Donkey Crew's custom engine provides a highly optimized, beautiful experience.